South African Trincadeira wine, MalgasSouth African Trincadeira wine, Malgas

Charla Haasbroek, Trincadeira 2018

Feminine and aromatic profile, think lavender, perfume and raspberries. Beautifully intense, elegant and structured on the palate.

An exciting Portuguese varietal rarely found in South Africa, that has flourished in Malgas’ unique soil and climate.

Head Winemaker at internationally acclaimed Sijnn Wines of South Africa’s remote Malgas region. Mentored by David Trafford of De Trafford wines.


Out of stock



LightFull Bodied


Winemaker’s Notes

One of the most exciting varieties I have worked with, and it completely has my vote! This is my first attempt at making a Trincadeira or also known as Tinta Amarella, for my own wine. I make some for Sijnn, but it usually ends up in the premium Red blend.

I get to make one barrel of it, so I treasure every single drop, and you will taste why.
Widely planted throughout Portugal, a variety that brings life to any blend. It has the most feminine, aromatic profile. Think Lavender, perfume, sour cherries, and black and blue berries in a glass. On the palate it is just as pleasant, with a strong but elegant backbone.

A lot of attention goes into the sorting process, as I feel this is where excellent fruit is distinguished from the ‘not so’ excellent fruit. The variety is prone to burst if there is any rain during the growing season, and because the berries are medium sized, the birds also love it.

Grapes are gently crushed (80%) into a tank and the remaining 20% is added as a whole- bunch component. Fermentation is spontaneous, and between 10-14 days on skins. It is pressed and finishes Malolactic fermentation in a 225L barrel.

Unfined + Unfiltered. Hand bottled + labelled. Minimum sulphur addition added pre bottling.

Production: 513 bottles”

Additional information



Wine Farm





Pair with soft cheeses or simple pork, lamb, and poultry dishes.


There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Charla Haasbroek, Trincadeira 2018”

Your email address will not be published.